I added two links under A Little Education on Great Products.
The first one is FarmFolk/CityFolk Society. This website tells you when local produce is in season. It gives you a list of vegetables and fruits with the months it's available beside it. At the homepage, click on 'Knowledge Pantry' and then go to 'What's in Season and when?' This website also gives lots of great tips on why it's good to eat locally, where to buy local goodies and what local restaurants use local produce.
The second link is giving dates and times for when local farmers markets are going to be in the Vancouver area. The next local farmers market is April 7th.
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There is a great market that I like to shop at when the farming season begins (I think it starts in April). It is called Richmond Country Farms and they have a lot of local produce, some of which is produce from their own farm. There are also Farmer's Markets at Trout Lake Community Centre and Nat Bailey Stadium. I will look into the dates, and post when I find out when they begin.
Post a Comment