The letter below was sent to the Superintendent of Algonquin Park as well as Greenpeace by challenger Leigh.
Hello there. I arrived home last night from five days in Algonquin Park. It was stunningly beautiful and so much fun. My Dad and I stayed at the Lake of Two Rivers campground. Algonquin Park makes me proud to be a Canadian. I love the fact that we have preserved this wonderful wild area so that generations of Canadians and others can enjoy and appreciate our natural heritage.
I have one large complaint, however. I was sooooo diappointed to see that Kimberly Clark products are used in the bathrooms!!!! Kimberly Clark makes Kleenex and provides toilet tissue for many many public bathrooms but what a lot of the public is not aware of is that they use 100% virgin growth forest in their tissue paper. They are currently clearcutting Canada's own Boreal Forest while there are many many alternatives to this, and loads of tissue companies haved jumped on board using recyclable materials or sustainable logging to name just a few of these alternatives.
It was a real blow to see the use of products from a company who is one of the most harmful predators of our own Canadian wilderness, in Canada's most famous and wild provincial park. It is reasonable to assume that the person/s in charge of doing business with Kimberly Clark was/were previously unaware of their atrocities and I do hope that you will take the time to research this further, and make the only sane choice considering what your park represents.
Thank you so much for your time and all the work you do. Please feel free to contact me or Greenpeace if you have any questions or concerns, and be sure to check out the following website.
http://kleercut.net/en/node/26
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment